Acropolis Museum and Athens museums half day private tour
Duration: 4 hours
Extra persons: 20€ per person
Highlights: Archaelogical museum of Athens, the New Acropolis museum, museum of Cycladic Art, Benakis museum, Byzantine museum, Lalaounis museum of jewelry.
We pick you up from your hotel, your preferred meeting place within Athens city, or your cruise terminal port to drive around Athens and visit all important museums.
Our first visit is at the new Acropolis Museum and the National Archaeological Museums, the two core museums of Greece. The National Archaeological Museum is the largest museum in Greece and one of the most important in the world.
Its original purpose was to secure all the findings from excavations of the 19th century, mainly from Attica, but also from other parts of the country, and gradually became the central National Archaeological Museum. Next is the Acropolis Museum, the most modern building in the world and hosts the sculptures of the Parthenon, the Caryatides and allthe rest of the findings of the old museum.
The Museum of Cycladic Art is dedicated to the study and promotion of ancient cultures of the Aegean and Cyprus, with special emphasis on Cycladic Art of the 3rd century millennium. The Benakis museum hosts more than 40,000 projects, the character of the Greek world through a spectacular panorama route: from antiquity and the age of Roman domination to the medieval Byzantine period, from the fall Istanbul, the period of Frankish and Ottoman occupation to the outbreak of the War of Independence in 1821, and the period of the formation of the new Greek state in 1922, the year that the Asia Minor Catastrophe.
The Byzantine Museum has more than 25,000 items,organized into collections, which date from the 3rd to the 20th century, mainly from Greece, Asia Minor and the Balkans. Our last visit, the Lalounis Museum of Jewelry, a unique museum for contemporary jewelry in Greece. More than 4000 jewelry and sculptures from 50 collections designed by the founder of Lalaounis, between 1940 and 2000 are housed in its permanent collections. Most of the museums have gift shop offer sand souvenirs.
At the end of the tour your private driver will drive you backto our meeting place, your hotel, your cruise terminal port or anywhere elseyou may prefer on the return route.
Note: Entrance fees, lunch and drinks are not included in the price.
Acropolis Open Hours/Schedule:
- From 1st of November to 31st of March: 08:30-15:00 approximately.
- Summertime: 08.00-19:30 approximately.
- Ticket price: 5€/person
- Ticket price for all sites of Acropolis: 12€/person-valid for 24h after purchase
/ Tour Name Acropolis Museum and Athens museums half day private tour
/ Persons: 1-4
/ Price € 140
Please fill in correctly / all fields required
- After the online payment, you must press the button "Return to Athens Transfers Express & Tours to Complete your Reservation" and you will receive two emails 1) confirmation and 2) receipt of payment by paypal.
- Call us at +30 211 0123 069 for last minute reservations or for modifications.
- Our staff will wait you at airports/ports holding a sign with your name.
- Even in case of your flight/boat delay our staff keep expecting you.
- Also we help you with your luggage and offer you any other information/service you may want.
- We ensure confidential handling of all your personal data we received.
- Notes & Conditions
- Cancellation policy: For Cancellation more than 3 days before the transfer/tour, the deposit is refundable. For Late Cancellation/Non Show, the deposit is non refundable.
- All above rates are quoted in euros, per transfer. Please inform us for the full names for each extra person.
- All rates include road tolls, all packages and taxes. They don't include any amounts for food, drinks and entrance tickets for museums/archaeological sites.
- Internet booking requires 10% deposit (of the tour/transfer price) plus 2 euros online fee.
- Your payment will be fullfilled by our payment carrier "MyInternet"