Meteora one day private tour
Duration: 10 hours
Extra persons: 20€ per person
Highlights: Thermopyles, Meteora rocks, the Byzantine monasteries, traditional lunch
We pick you up from your hotel, your preferred meeting place within Athens city. Our tour starts to the countryside of Greece by visiting Thermopyles, a mountain pass.
At the time of Leonidas in 480 BC, this passage was a narrow path (about 12 feet wide) down the hill, which the Greek soldiers attempted to exploit strategically to prevent the redundant Persian army.
Afterwards we will head outside Kalambaka to visit Meteora, a huge cluster of dark rocks of sandstone.The monasteries of Meteora, which are built on top of some rocks, are now the second most important monastic complex in Greece after Mount Athos. Only six monasteries out of thirty are currently operating and they are listed as World Heritage by UNESCO since 1988.
After having visited Meteora you will enjoy your lunch at a traditional local tavern in Kalambaka.
At the end of the tour your private driver will drive you back to our meeting place, your hotel, your cruise terminal port or anywhere else you may prefer on the return route.
Note: Entrance fees, lunch and drinks are not included in the price.
/ Tour Name Meteora one day private tour
/ Persons: 1-4
/ Price € 450
Please fill in correctly / all fields required
- After the online payment, you must press the button "Return to Athens Transfers Express & Tours to Complete your Reservation" and you will receive two emails 1) confirmation and 2) receipt of payment by paypal.
- Call us at +30 211 0123 069 for last minute reservations or for modifications.
- Our staff will wait you at airports/ports holding a sign with your name.
- Even in case of your flight/boat delay our staff keep expecting you.
- Also we help you with your luggage and offer you any other information/service you may want.
- We ensure confidential handling of all your personal data we received.
- Notes & Conditions
- Cancellation policy: For Cancellation more than 3 days before the transfer/tour, the deposit is refundable. For Late Cancellation/Non Show, the deposit is non refundable.
- All above rates are quoted in euros, per transfer. Please inform us for the full names for each extra person.
- All rates include road tolls, all packages and taxes. They don't include any amounts for food, drinks and entrance tickets for museums/archaeological sites.
- Internet booking requires 10% deposit (of the tour/transfer price) plus 2 euros online fee.
- Your payment will be fullfilled by our payment carrier "MyInternet"